Angela Lee is an educator and entrepreneur with a passion for education.
She is the Chief Innovation Officer and Executive Director of Academic Integration at Columbia Business School and an Adjunct Assistant Professor teaching Strategy and Leadership courses. She teaches Strategic Problem Solving, Entrepreneurial Thinking and Executive Communication at Columbia Business School, NYU, and General Assembly.
She is the founder of 37 Angels, which is an angel investment network and training bootcamp for women investors. In this episode,Angela shares the 4P’s that she consider before venturing in any angel investment. She also talks about the importance of immersion in the ecosystem before starting any investment ventures.
What We Covered
- 02:14 – Angela shares why she started 37 Angels.
- 03:30 – What are the characteristics that defines a female angel investor?How do they invest compared to old players in the market?
- 04:35 – How do we keep the partnership with the startup entrepreneurs transparent and successful?
- 08:08 – How do you require entrepreneur to do monthly update regarding the flow of the business startup?
- 09:10 – Angela shares some of the successful investment stories of 37 Angels members.
- 10:30 – How does 37 Angels choose and qualify the start ups that they will be helping?
- 11:30 – What are the advice that you can share to first time angel investors before they make their first venture?
- 14:39 – What is your personal investment thesis?
- 15:51 – What are the red flags that you consider that makes you not venture in a company?
- 16:58 – What opportunities do you see in the emerging market for angel investment in the next years?
- 20:10 – Advice on how other angel investor can do their valuation process
- 21:28 – Advice on how we can make the ecosystem better
- 22:56 – What advantages do you see in the university setting that an angel investor can look into,in terms of getting new talent and idea?
- 26:38 – Final Four Rapid Fire Questions
- 29:25 – Silvia’s episode recap.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’