Gioia Messinger is a serial high-tech entrepreneur, founder, and CEO of Linked Object, a technology and business strategy firm specializing in the internet of things. Prior to that she was also the founder of Avaak/VueZone (acquired by NETGEAR) that defined the home video monitoring category and changed the way you watch your life from anywhere.
In this episode, Gioia shares why coachability and tenacity to entrepreneurs are important to help them thrive in their business.
What We Covered
- 02:39 – Gioia’s entrepreneurial journey
- 04:17 – Gioia’s investment thesis
- 05:41 – Importance of coachability and tenacity of a founder
- 07:11 – Why surrounding yourself with a great team is beneficial
- 09:22 – How to attract like-minded founders
- 11:42 – Importance of customer discovery and market fit research
- 13:31 – Transformative advantage of technology trends
- 16:36 – Challenges and opportunities for SEED funds
- 18:10 – Risk mitigation strategies when investing in early-stage startups
- 21:55 – Gioia as an advisor at entrepreneurial ecosystem at UCSD
- 24:42 – Xprize and Women Safety Prize
- 33:25 – What myStartupXX is all about?
- 37:49 – Giving back as a mentor for female founders, accelerators and incubators in the university
- 40:00 – Rapid Fire Final Four Questions
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’