Carolyn Leonard is a seasoned investor who is a pioneer in the women options trading industry. She is the third female independent trader to ever own a seat at the CBOE. Her 21 years in the trading pits gave her a ringside view into the emotional ups, downs, fear, and greed that drives the volatile market. DyMynd , her latest venture helps and creates tools that correct misconceptions and connect financial advisers to high net-worth women.
In this episode, Carolyn shares her trading journey and her advocacy to tear down the next wall that stands between women and the world of finance.
What We Covered
- 03:02 – Reign of the Options Queen: Carolyn’s turning moment where she knew that she will be a trader
- 06:16 – Experiences she had as a women trader
- 08:06 – Mentoring other women traders
- 09:44 – advantages she had wearing her cotton candy pink trading jacket
- 13:26 – fashion and style as her powerful business tool
- 16:42 – Emerging market for women investors
- 18:31 – Social impact philanthropic investing
- 19:53 – Raising tide opportunities for female investors
- 21:06 – Carolyn’s investment thesis
- 25:48 – Impact of women’s emotional security to her financial decisions
- 32:09 – Dymynd’s advocacy to change misconceptions about women investors
- 40:00 – Rapid Fire Final Four Questions
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’