Sue Baggott is the President of Power Within Consulting LLC, an insights-based strategy and innovation firm, which she founded in 2014. Early in her career, Sue spent 18 years in Global R&D at Procter & Gamble, leading the delivery of game-changing consumer products innovations across hair care, beauty/cosmetics, and baby care categories.
In 2015, Sue began working with Queen City Angels (QCA) on a strategy refresh project, which ignited her interest in angel investing and fostered her passion for participating in the growing entrepreneurial ecosystem in Cincinnati. In late 2015, she joined the inaugural Rising Tide cohort and in 2016 became a member of QCA.
Sue is active in screening and due diligence work, as well as co-leading QCA’s diversity/inclusion strategy pillar. She thrives on mentoring and coaching entrepreneurs helping to guide consumer/customer insights, design thinking, lean startup, and business planning and innovation strategies.
In this episode, Sue shares her passion for innovation, social impact ventures, and her goals to lower the barriers for women entrepreneurs and investors.
What We Covered
- 02:07 – Next Wave Impact’s business model, being part of the investment committee
- 07:05 – ‘learn by doing’ method applicability in growing start-ups
- 08:22 – advantage of collaboration from different industry backgrounds within the VC ecosystem
- 09:55 – what qualities of a startup she considered for Next Wave Impact from an innovation standpoint
- 14:22 – her learning journey with Queen City Angels and Rising Tide
- 19:22 – efforts to lower the barrier for women entrepreneurs and investors
- 25:11 – her transition venture philanthropy to impact investing with Impact 100
- 31:33 – Rapid-Fire Final Four Questions
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’