Amanda Lettmann, CEO of Kardia Venture, lives a “limitless” life, and believes in the power of paying it forward. As a veteran of the United States Air Force and a successful figure in the tech industry over the past 20 years, she has taken her fascination with finance and thriving businesses into the arena of angel investing.
In this episode, Amanda shares how she got into investing, the importance of supporting coachable female and veteran entrepreneurs, and shares her latest adventure of bringing Women of Impact into the world. She also shares her six tenets of impactful people.
What We Covered
- 01:05 – Amanda is the first veteran investor on the show. What makes her as a veteran investor and the types of investments she makes unique?
- 02:15 – The Pay It Forward aspect – Why investing in women or having women on a leadership team is not just a good decision, but is a good business decision
- 03:42 – What thriving startups are doing right
- 04:41 – Amanda’s start in angel investing
- 06:42 – Amanda’s first investments into public markets
- 07:22 – Making the leap from investing to angel investing; a riskier asset class
- 08:30 – Delving deep into the thought process of syndication and how to do it
- 10:50 – Amanda’s thesis for investment criteria
- 13:15 – Bringing Women of Impact [series] into the world
- 15:37 – Six Tenets of Impactful People
- 18:34 – Speaker Series: Kardiavibe; an offshoot of the ESPN radio show
- 19:45 – What else is Amanda working on?
- 21:23 – The forefront of tech right now
- 24:00 – Full-time versus part-time investing
- 27:05 – What makes San Diego amazing [as a startup eco-system]?
- 29:50 – Final Four Questions
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’