Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast Vice President of Crescent Ridge Partners, Maria Gonzalez-Blanch. CRP is a female-led venture capital and private equity firm that invests in early stage companies and growth equity for more mature and proven businesses. Prior to CRP, Maria held senior roles in Operations, Sales and Strategy at Red Bull and Altamont Capital. Dr. Silvia and Maria talk all about investing in values-aligned founders, the impact COVID-19 has had on entrepreneurs and examples of innovative companies Maria and CRP have recently invested in.
What We Covered
- 03:34 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Maria Gonzalez-Blanch who shares her origin story, the work she does at Crescent Ridge Partners and the respect she has for entrepreneurs
- 11:04 – Maria speaks to her career transition from private equity to venture capital and the investment criteria that Crescent Ridge Partners utilizes
- 17:27 – Maria identifies some examples of innovative entrepreneurs CRP has invested in
- 20:40 – How Maria and CRP adapted and pivoted during COVID-19
- 23:53 – The work Maria is doing with Ad Astra Ventures
- 28:45 – Maria speaks to yet another company that is doing tremendous work and earned an investment from CRP
- 31:07 – Maria shares what having an abundance mindset means to her
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’