Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes strategic advisor, entrepreneur, and investor Sonia Steinway to discuss the work she’s doing with Village Up. Sonia has a wide array of experience helping startups and entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Most recently, she has focused on helping companies with underrepresented founders, specifically women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Dr. Silvia and Sonia discuss investing during COVID-19, the exciting future of Femtech and what abundance mindset means to Sonia.
What We Covered
- 03:38 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Sonia Steinway who shares the exciting work she’s doing with Village Up and the importance of supporting aspiring entrepreneurs from all walks of life
- 08:14 – Sonia opens up about barriers that LGBTQIA entrepreneurs and founders continue to face
- 15:55 – Sonia highlights a specific company she’s extremely excited about
- 21:10 – Sonia shares her investment criteria and the importance of promoting and fostering true diversity
- 27:14 – Sonia shares her excitement for the future of Femtech
- 33:30 – Sonia discusses what having an abundance mindset means to her
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’