Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast business owner, consultant and investor, Amy Duncan. Amy has over 20 years of experience working in the high growth life sciences industry and is a seasoned marketing strategist. Amy co-founded Goldfish Consulting in 2008 with the goal of helping small businesses and life science entrepreneurs grow their business. Amy currently serves as chair of the communications committee for the San Diego Entrepreneurs Exchange (SDEE) and co-fund manager for the San Diego Angel Conference (SDAC). Dr. Silvia and Amy talk about the mindset transition Amy had to undergo from active angel investor to Lead Fund Manager, the importance of women representation in this field and the growth of the Women of SDAC.
What We Covered
- 03:59 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Amy Duncan who speaks to her involvement in the San Diego Angel Conference and the mindset that was required to take over as Lead Fund Manager
- 12:33 – Amy recalls a particularly impressive pitch from an entrepreneur finalist pitch at the San Diego Angel Conference and how Amy became a champion for her
- 20:17 – The transition to becoming a Fund Manager for SDAC III and what excites her most about this venture
- 26:23 – Amy talks about the group ‘Women of SDAC’ and the work that they do
- 30:12 – Amy shares what having an abundance mindset means to her
Dr. Silvia Mah’s LinkedIn
Dr. Silvia Mah’s Website
Dr. Silvia’s Twitter – @silviamah
Domaine Santé Website
San Diego Angel Conference
Goldfish Consulting Website
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’