Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast leader, connector and mentor of startup founders, Oralia Alvarez. Oralia currently serves as a director of business development for Founders First Capital Partners, a fund committed to growing and funding small businesses led by diverse and inclusive founders. With over ten years of experience in distressed real estate investments and business strategy, Oralia works exclusively with cash investors in the acquisition of off-market properties. As an angel investor, Oralia is extensively involved in San Diego’s startup ecosystem by serving as a connector and mentor to entrepreneurs and was recently appointed to the Board of Directors at Startup San Diego. Dr. Silvia and Oralia talk about the daring journey of being an entrepreneur, why women of color make some of the most efficient founders and the importance of being bold and confident.
What We Covered
- 04:19 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Oralia Alvarez who speaks to her involvement in San Diego Angel Conference, her entrepreneurial origin story and her involvement in animal philanthropy
- 10:31 – Oralia provides her thoughts on why women of color are some of the best and most efficient entrepreneurs
- 14:13 – Oralia speaks to the brilliant work the winning founders at San Diego Angel Conference are currently doing and what impressed her the most by these founders
- 21:28 – The importance of communication and coachability when it comes to investing in founders
- 25:46 – Dr. Silvia and Oralia talk about their excitement for SDAC Fund III
- 31:16 – Oralia talks about her bold, confident nature and how she maintains balanced confidence
- 34:30 – Oralia shares what having an abundance mindset means to her
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’