Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast attorney and angel investor, Rose Bowlus. Rose is an experienced attorney and former in-house counsel with extensive transactional, regulatory and compliance experience at industry leading financial institutions and energy companies. She is a strong leader, seasoned negotiator and excellent communicator, all traits that have prepared her for her transition to angel investing. Today, Dr. Silvia speaks to Rose about Rose’s journey from aspiring angel investor to an expert who is ingrained in the startup ecosystem. They discuss Rose’s background in law, the work she’s doing to help and advocate for start-ups and some of projects she’s currently taking part in, including Angels in the Law and The Fourth Floor.
What We Covered
- 05:12 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Rose Bowlus who speaks to her involvement in the San Diego Angel Conference (SDAC), her background as a lawyer and finding her voice as an investor
- 11:01 – Rose recounts the finalist companies at San Diego Angel Conference
- 13:24 – Rose expounds on her latest project, Angels in the Law
- 18:51 – Bringing a different perspective and doing your due diligence as an angel investor
- 24:02 – What Rose is doing to help and advocate for start-up companies
- 29:28 – Rose talks about one of the start-up companies that she’s particularly excited about
- 37:56 – Rose speaks to her involvement in an early stage company, The Fourth Floor
- 42:14 – What abundance mindset means to Rose
- 43:40 – Dr. Silvia recaps her interview with Rose
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’