Kim Folsom is a serial entrepreneur and BC fund manager. She founded two accelerators, The LIFT Development Enterprises, Inc. and co- founder Founders First Capital Partners, a small business growth accelerator and revenue based venture fund focused on helping underserved employer-based small businesses with funding to meet exponential growth.
She is a high-tech executive and serial entrepreneur with 25+ years of experience growing pioneering tech companies. She has experience founding, leading and building startups for where she has raised over $30 million an institutional venture financing.
In this episode, Kim shares tips to up level your start-up and how to build up the next generation of diverse start-up leaders.
What We Covered
- 02:21 – Kim walks us through how she gets involved in the diversity space of investment.
- 03:52 – Kim talks about gender investing gap and its impact on woman entrepreneurs
- 05:22 – How the sibling rivalry of being a middle child helped Kim thrive on the industries that she chose.
- 06:57 – How having that big hairy audacious goal can help as a motivator and driver for you to reach your goal.
- 08:40 – How gender gap inspired Kim to put up her accelerator companies?
- 12:40 – How mentoring underserved diverse business owners with a coach same as their ethnicity can help them succeed.
- 17:29 – What is results driven financing is all about?
- 24:44 – How revenue based accelerator differ from a traditional business model?
- 26:16 – What type of investors do you see in the asset class revenue based private equity funds?
- 28:14 – What are the new solution that is entering the market for gaining access to risk capital for diverse founders?
- 30:00 – What’s more for Kim?
- 34:08 – Final Four Rapid Fire
- 39:04 – Silvia’s episode recap
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’