Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes Alicia Robb to the show to discuss the Next Wave Impact Fund and the Founder of Color, two organizations in which Alicia has deep ties. Alicia breaks down virtual investing and the economic impact that COVID has had on entrepreneurship and venture capitalists.
What We Covered
- 02:28 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Alicia Robb who speaks to her work with Next Wave Impact and Founders of Color
- 08:18 – Alicia breaks down who and what is driving economic growth during the uncertainty of COVID
- 10:50 – Alicia speaks to virtual investment and how that has led to the diversity of investors who are involved with the Next Wave Impact Fund
- 13:49 – Alicia breaks down the incredible work that Founders of Color is doing and how it felt to win the Hans Severiens Award from the Angel Capital Association
- 18:36 – The democratization of data, wealth and opportunity and how COVID has impacted Founders of Color
- 22:45 – Alicia provides her insights on maintaining a mindset of abundance
- 24:02 – Alicia shares her ongoing projects
- 26:30 – Dr. Silvia thanks Alicia for joining the show
Dr. Silvia Mah’s LinkedIn
Dr. Silvia Mah’s Website
Dr. Silvia’s Twitter – @silviamah
Next Wave Impact Fund Website
Founders of Color Website
Impact Investor Landscape Website
Uqora – Promo Code: SHEINVESTS
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’