Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes Mysty Rusk to the show to discuss the San Diego Angle Conference (SDAC), angel event funds, and the challenge of building networks during the Covid-19 crisis. Mysty shares her passion for creating dynamic angel investor ecosystems to help start-up entrepreneurs live out their dreams.
What We Covered
- 00:45 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Mysty Rusk who speaks to her background in investing
- 08:05 – The San Diego Angel Conference and challenges of building networks during the Covid-19 crisis
- 13:28 – Mysty breaks down the different types of funds including an angel event fund
- 21:18 – How start-up entrepreneurs are curating Covid-19 response plans
- 23:56 – Mysty explains the investment term doubling down
- 29:02 – How has risk mitigation strategies have changed due to Covid-19
- 35:31 – Mysty speaks to her professional experience on why angel investors do what they do
- 42:42 – Strategies for how best to use funds and communicate financial projections to angel investors
- 44:12 – Mentorship programs for new angel investors
- 45:45 – How virtual online pitches differ from in-person pitches
- 49:11 – Dr. Silvia thanks Mysty for joining the show
Uqora – Promo Code: SHEINVESTS
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’