Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast start-up consultant, entrepreneur and investor, Michelle Youngers. As a cross-functional Executive, Michelle brings over 30 years diverse experience in both financial and operational strategies to improve organizational effectiveness of early stage, high growth companies across multiple industries. Throughout her career, she has served as a Company Co-founder, President and CEO, and various roles as a trusted financial and operational partner to CEOs, leadership teams, Board of Directors and investors. She strongly believes in the equation vision plus execution equals success. Dr. Silvia and Michelle talk about Michelle’s investment thesis, factors Michelle looks for when assessing founders and how we can better empower female entrepreneurs.
What We Covered
- 04:26 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Michelle Youngers who speaks to her involvement in San Diego Angel Conference, how she assesses founders and what her investment thesis entails
- 13:13 – Michelle provides some examples of companies she has invested in that she is also incredibly excited about
- 16:02 – Michelle talks about diversification, the importance of having capital available for investment opportunities and the value of SDAC
- 21:44 – Dr. Silvia and Michelle talk about the Women of SDAC and areas where we can better promote more female entrepreneurs
- 28:42 – What abundance mindset means to Michelle
Dr. Silvia Mah’s LinkedIn
Dr. Silvia Mah’s Website
Dr. Silvia’s Twitter – @silviamah
Domaine Santé Website
San Diego Angel Conference
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’