Welcome to She Invests, where you’ll hear from existing female angel investors, venture capitalists and fund managers on their investment thesis. From deal flow to exits, they will share the best practices that contribute to their success.
In this episode, Dr. Silvia Mah welcomes to the podcast ecosystem builder, investor and advisor, Caitlin Wege. Caitlin is a partner at MooDoos Investments, a private family-owned investment fund that invests in early-stage companies throughout North America. MooDoos is industry agnostic and invests in several industries including life sciences, manufacturing, and education technology. Caitlin is an experienced angel investor and fund manager that serves as Chairman of the board of multiple portfolio companies and President of the San Diego Chapter of Tech Coast Angels, the largest Angel network in the US. Dr. Silvia and Caitlin discuss the concept of finding your ‘why’ as an investor, Caitlin’s passion for fostering entrepreneurial and investor education, and how to create a wonderful network and community for investors locally as well as nationwide.
What We Covered
- 04:32 – Dr. Silvia Mah introduces today’s guest, Caitlin Wege who speaks to her entrepreneurial journey, her ‘why,’ and how she got involved in investing
- 08:45 – Caitlin speaks to the importance of addressing the wealth gap in America
- 12:24 – Caitlin discusses the dynamic of her family office and her role as President of the San Diego Chapter of Tech Coast Angels
- 18:40 – Caitlin shares her thoughts on the need to get more women involved in angel investing and the panel she worked to achieve this goal
- 27:08 – Caitlin identifies some specific female members of Tech Coast Angels who are doing amazing work
- 29:35 – Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- 36:19 – Caitlin talks about overcoming the challenges of COVID-19 to emerge successful in 2020 and what excites her about 2021
- 41:31 – How Caitlin plans to amplify her ‘why’ in 2021
- 46:05 – What abundance mindset means to Caitlin
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’